2018 NICA Scholarship Application
On this page you will find the 2018 NICA college, university, and vocational/technical school scholarship application. The form will take some time to complete. The guidelines for the NICA Scholarship Program are as follows:
- Any current NICA member in good standing for 3 years including the current year, child of a current member, grandchild of a current member, employee of current member for six months, or employee member in good standing who will be attending a college, university, or vocational/technical school is eligible to apply.
- There are 11 scholarships, funded by the Coca-Cola Company, Gene O’Brien family, and the NICA Membership, being awarded this year.
- All scholarship funds are made payable to the student to be used at their discretion once the winners have been selected and their transcripts have been verified.
The scholarship committee will not review any incomplete applications. The committee will take into consideration not only the content of the application, but also its appearance, spelling and punctuation.
The application, photo, and letters of recommendation must be received in the NICA office via this form, by email, or snail mail as of May 31, 2018.
To download a writeable PDF to mail or email, please visit the following link: 2018 Scholarship Application
Applications must include the following:
- Completed NICA Scholarship Application.
- A professional color photograph no larger than 8x10 photo for publication in NICA News.
- Three letters of recommendation. If applicant is a 6 month employee of a regular NICA member, one of the letters must be from that owner.
- Applications must include an official transcript reflecting your most recent academic semester/year. Your high school, college or university should mail (1043 E. Brandon Blvd. Brandon FL 33511), fax (813-803-8460), or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) transcripts directly to the NICA office.
Be sure to request transcripts early to ensure receipt in the office by April 1, 2018.
Every applicant will be notified of the results in writing by July 1, 2018. If selected as a recipient of the 2018 Scholarship, you will be required to provide official documentation of your college, university, or vocational/technical school enrollment for the fall semester. Acceptance as a Scholarship winner signifies permission to be announced in the June issue of NICA News. Good Luck!
NICA Board of Directors
National Independent Concessionaires Association