Voice in the Industry
29 Years ago, NICA was created to be a Voice for Independent Concessionaires in the Fair Industry. Hence the NICA motto: “Together We Can!”
- The IAFE/NICA Transfer of Ownership White Paper
- The Advisory Committee of Fair Managers and the NICA Board that collaborates on the future shared by the Fair and the Concessionaire.
- Support of OABA efforts with H2-B and ELD to benefit the needs of NICA members.
- Promotions that Make a Positive Impact
- Reduction of rent in many fairs that assist the concessionaire in keeping patron costs down and the removal of deposit for a fair in California so that the concessionaire can make improvements to their stand(s) among other accomplishments.
- Educational workshops and roundtables at IAFE, WFA, State Association Conventions and the NICA Expo and Fare Foods Food Show that keep members and even non-members up-to-date on current events, laws and trends.
- NICA Communication Committees that partner with Fair Management to discuss and solve mutual concerns and create marketing campaigns that work.
- The development of NICA Regional Councils to represent geographical specific concerns of concessionaires.
- Providing educational and vocational scholarships to the Generation Forward of concessionaires.
- COVID-19 Reopening Guidelines: "Together We Prepare to Open Concession Stands"
- Producing a monthly magazine as well as weekly email newsletters.
In addition, the many benefits provided to members such as Goodyear, NICA/Sysco Marketplace, National Coke and Pepsi pricing, National Fiserv (formerly First Data) pricing, CLC Lodging discounts and National Truck purchase agreements with Ford and Crystal Automotive (to name a few) are the by-products of an organization working hard for you as a Voice in the Industry.
NICA is proud to provide the many benefits that save you money and also help your business grow.
The strength behind these benefits is our mission:
“The National Independent Concessionaires Association is dedicated to strengthening relationships with the Fair, Festival, and Special Events Industries through effective communication, benefits, education, leadership, and solutions.”