Voice in the Industry
30 Years ago, NICA was created to be a Voice for Independent Concessionaires in the Fair Industry. Hence the NICA motto: “Together We Can!”
- The IAFE/NICA Transfer of Ownership White Paper
- The Advisory Committee of Fair Managers and the NICA Board that collaborates on the future shared by the Fair and the Concessionaire.
- Support of OABA efforts with H2-B and ELD to benefit the needs of NICA members.
- Promotions that Make a Positive Impact
- Reduction of rent in many fairs that assist the concessionaire in keeping patron costs down and the removal of deposit for a fair in California so that the concessionaire can make improvements to their stand(s) among other accomplishments.
- Educational workshops and roundtables at IAFE, WFA, State Association Conventions and the NICA Expo and Fare Foods Food Show that keep members and even non-members up-to-date on current events, laws and trends.
- NICA Communication Committees that partner with Fair Management to discuss and solve mutual concerns and create marketing campaigns that work.
- The development of NICA Regional Councils to represent geographical specific concerns of concessionaires.
- Providing educational and vocational scholarships to the Generation Forward of concessionaires.
- COVID-19 Reopening Guidelines: "Together We Prepare to Open Concession Stands"
- Producing a monthly magazine as well as weekly email newsletters.
In addition, the many benefits provided to members such as Entegra, Goodyear, NICA Sysco Marketplace, National Coke and Pepsi pricing, National Fiserv pricing, and a National Fleet agreement with Ford (to name a few) are the by-products of an organization working hard for you as a Voice in the Industry.
NICA is proud to provide the many benefits that save you money and also help your business grow.
The strength behind these benefits is our mission:
“The National Independent Concessionaires Association is dedicated to strengthening relationships with the Fair, Festival, and Special Events Industries through effective communication, benefits, education, leadership, and solutions.”